ADVERTISEMENT

How they are doing

Guerry Smith

Jun 20, 2001
Whenever there is a coaching change, transfers follow, and that is even more true in the NIL/transfer portal era.

Here is how the multiple transfers from Tulane who went to FBS schools are faring at their new schools, including a few who left two years ago.

Chris Brazzell: 10 catches for 140 yards and a TD at Tennessee

Comment: He was gone even if Fritz had stayed. As talented as the loaded Vols are, I still thought his numbers would be even better.

Kentrell Webb: 13 tackles for Houston.

Comment: Webb had a lot of promise, but if you had told me he would have the most tackles this season of any of the transfers, I would have doubted you.

Keith Cooper: 10 tackles, 4 for loss, 2 sacks for Houston

Comment: He's just a really good player.

DJ Douglas: 10 tackles for Florida

Comment: I'm guessing he got a good NIL deal. Otherwise, he can't be happier there as the Billy Napier era turns into a car crash.

Devean Deal: 8 tackles, 2.5 for loss. 0.5 sacks for TCU

Comment: TCU blew an 11-point fourth-quarter lead and lost to UCF 35-34 Saturday. Deal appears to be playing pretty well.

Jadon Canady: 9 tackles, 2 passes defensed at Ole Miss

Comment: When I wrote he was a big loss before 2023, Wes Fritz texted me that he would be out for the year with the knee injury he sustained against Memphis in 2022. He was almost right. Canady had two tackles last year but is healthy this season.

Hunter Summers: 4 catches for 50 yards at Arkansas State

Comment: Summers was not ready to play last year but I liked his potential.

Iverson Celestine: 2 carries, 5 yards; 2 catches, 18 yards at South Alabama

Comment: he was buried on the depth chart at Tulane and would not have gotten on the field this year

Terez Traynor: 1 catch for 12 yards at Charlotte

Comment: We barely knew him after the Idaho's transfer's stop-over in the spring. Tulane will face him on Halloween.

Jared Small: no stats at Arizona

Comment: Not sure how he won an appeal for an eighth year of eligiblity, but he has yet to play for the Wildcats.

Other transfers with no stats:

Cam Carroll in his second and final year at Florida. He suffered a knee injury in the preseason last year.

Maxie Baudoin, who was deep down on the depth chart, is a reserve DT at UL-Lafayette but has not played yet.

UCF spring stop-over Jaylon Griffin has zero catches for Texas State.

Jai Eugene, who was not happy about being behind Rishi Rattan, has not played for Western Kentucky.

Corey Platt tore his Achilles again at Houston.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.