ADVERTISEMENT

Summer Baseball

WaveON

Green Breaker
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2008
Tulane has been putting out a periodic review (http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/news/2016/7/5/boys-of-summer-second-report-on-tulane-baseball-summer-league-assignments.aspx) of how our players are doing in summer league which is quite helpful but raises some questions. For example, the site does not include Anthony Forte, who is playing with Tyler Heinrich for the Martinsville Mustangs of the Coastal Plains League. Is Forte no longer attending Tulane? Seems like a pretty inexcusable oversight if he’s still with us. Also, Chris Holstein, who transferred to Tulane last year from Davidson and sat out the year, is tearing up summer ball with the Brookhaven Bucks of the Sunbelt League (hitting .347) as a third baseman. Is he no longer with the Wave?

Understandably, it does not appear than Ross Massey, Corey Merrill, or J.P. France are playing this summer. Resting their arms would seem like a good move to me. Sam Bjornfield is pitching in the Northwoods League (quite badly, I might add) and, oddly, Dan Rankin, who presumably is passing on his senior year, is pitching for the Victoria Generals of the Texas League. I’d think Christian Colletti would be playing somewhere but I haven’t found him.

Also, the site lists Jonathan Artigues as playing for the Victoria Generals of the Texas League but does not mention Garrett Grey who is playing catcher and hitting .167 for the same team. Has Grey left Tulane?

Of the field players, Montalbano and Witherspoon are apparently sitting out injuries, though “spoon” is listed on the roster with Kaplan and Hunter Williams of the Santa Barbara Foresters of the California League. Willsey and Hope are also apparently taking the summer off, which may be understandable since they played a lot of innings this year. But, Grant Brown and Jarrett DeHart don’t appear to be playing either and both should be fighting for playing time next season. Seems odd to me. Anyway...

Roll Wave!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News