ADVERTISEMENT

Big Win

WaveON

Green Breaker
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2008
Tulane's 5-3 win today over South Florida was huge. We used three of our top five pitchers in the game and, I'd guess, Gibaut and possibly Duester and even Merrill could pitch an inning or so on Sunday. Gibbs is almost surely the Sunday starter now and we need a solid six innings out of him. Anything less will probably mean Rankin or Yandel coming in and nether has pitched well lately.

But, back to today. Our 5-3 win today is every bit as important as the 12-0 loss on Friday. Baseball, unlike football and basketball, place zero emphasis on score differential-- as it should in my book. That's why Las Vegas bookies give points in basketball and football and only set betting odds in baseball. Winning by a big number one day has little-to-no influence on the results of the next game. Whether you win 20-0 or 1-0 makes no difference.

I remember the 1960 World Series, before many on this site were born, I'd guess. The Pittsburgh Pirates won four game by a total of seven runs. And the Yankees won the other three games by a total of 35 runs. The Pirates were World Champions! It's how it is and how it should be.

If we can squeak out another win on Sunday, we win the series, no matter the results of the one "blow out."

Roll Wave!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News